Covid-19 measures in place for the safety of us all:
* If you, or anyone in your household, or contacts have had any symptoms of Covid-19, ie new persistant cough, or fever or loss of taste or smell, in the last 14 days, or if you feel unwell in any other way, then please do not sign up. I will also need you to confirm to me at the ride start that you and your household are symptom free.
* If you are in the extremely vulnerable category or have been told to self-isolate Welsh Cycling recommends you do not participate in activities
* Please maintain social distancing of a minimum of 2 metres 'head to head' at all times from each other and from members of the public, where it is safe to do so, especially when stopping at junctions, crossings, hazards and when off the bikes.
* Please avoid touching others' bikes, or sharing anything, eg food, spares, money (ideally bring a card).
* Bring your own hand gel/wipes, drink and snack. NB come prepared to fix issues on your bike yourself if at all possible, ie pump, spare tube, tyre levers. Guidance will be available at a distance.
We will head out through Pentwyn and Pontprennau through to Old St Mellons where we will join country lanes out towards Draethen. From there we will head towards Rudry before heading back towards Cardiff.
This is a very undulating route with a couple of steeper climbs (one in particular at Rudry). Whilst this ride is hilly and not suitable for beginners, we won't leave anyone behind and will regroup after each hill.
This short but challenging ride will keep us warm on these winter days
We will mainly be riding on country lanes with some busier roads.
For those that would like, we will have an outside stop at cafe on Rhydpennau Road almost at the end of the ride so if people would prefer to head straight off they can.
Please wear helmets and bring anything you need with you.
We never leave anyone behind