Starting point – The Cycle Hub, Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 1BU
(What3words - https://w3w.co/marked.wash.salsa
Free car parking is available at the Cycle Hub.
This is a gentle route mainly on traffic-free paths, with the odd minor road. This is easy going ride suitable for new riders or those wanting a leisurely ride and chat. Starting at Newcastle Quayside, by The Cycle Hub, we will cross the Millennium Bridge and follow Sustrans route 14 towards Bill Quay Community Farm, Gateshead and stop at their café for a takeaway drink and snack. Once refuelled we’ll follow the same route back to the Cycle Hub.
It’s now spring cycling weather, PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY it can get cold along the riverside.
REMEMBER TO BRING – Bike Lights, warm gloves, wind/raincoat.
There is no coffee/cake café or toilet stops during this ride,
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• Your personal contact details must be correct and up to date on your Lets ride profile.
• There are no open public toilet’s on this route.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 2m apart.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• Helmets are recommended, but not mandatory.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
- Bike light,
- Face covering,
- Hand sanitizer,
- Spare inner tube,
- Tyre levers and pump,
- Suitable clothing,
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07958344888 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk.
If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 9am on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.
We especially welcome newbies!