- We will cycle mainly on quiet roads to Redbourn for a well deserved coffee and cake. The Hub café is selling takeway coffee and cake and the public toilets are open. This route has some of my favourite roads (e.g. Nettleden Road and Gaddesdon Row, with sweeping gentle descents). We will go out via this route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/33597538
which is 17 miles with 800ft climbing and back a similar way.
For those of you from Hillingdon Breeze, this is a chance to ride your road bike on country roads with lovely scenery, with good hill training. We will regroup at the top of every hill. But this has some steep hills and descents, so you need to be fairly confident riding.
- This is a nice late starting time to give you time to bring your bike on the tube if you want to. You can take your bike anywhere on the Metropolitan Line at the weekends.
- Or it takes 30 mins to drive from most towns within Hillingdon borough. Parking is free on Sundays in the Elgiva Theatre, St Mary’s Way, HP5 1HR. If you want me to meet you at the underground station and cycle with you to the start at the Elgiva Theatre, that is fine, message me on Sunday and we will meet a little earlier.
- Please bring a pump, water, credit card and at least 1 spare inner tube. But don’t go overboard bringing heavy gear, as everything feels even heavier when cycling up those hills! I would prefer that you wear a helmet for your own safety.
- Please check your bike thoroughly before you come. Check your brakes are working well, your gears are smooth and your tyres are in good condition and pumped up – you can use this video. https://www.sustrans.org.uk/our-blog/get-active/2019/everyday-walking-and-cycling/the-m-check-for-your-bike-in-11-steps
If that one is too technical then try this easier one https://youtu.be/u0dtGe-LrcQ
- To keep everyone safe we will be using social distancing and minimising personal contact. Please bring hand sanitiser and a mask in case you need to go into a shop.
- If you, or anyone in your household, are feeling at all unwell with possible symptoms of Covid-19 such as new persistent cough, high temperature, loss of sense of taste or smell, please cancel your place.
- If you have any questions don’t hesitate to message me.