These are the Wednesday rides we started in the New Year. We had built up to doing a 15 mile ride before we went into Lockdown so I'm starting us off with an easygoing 8 miles using the Cycle Tracks. I'm not intending to do a cafe stop but there is the option to have a cuppa at Costellos at the end of the ride if people are comfortable with that.
If you are showing any Covid 19 symptoms please do not attend the ride. Also if you develop any symptoms after the ride please let me know so I can advise everyone who attended the ride to self isolate. We will ride at a social distance.
We will do a bike check before leaving but will check our own bikes.
No sharing of personal items.
All of the above is to keep us all safe from the virus.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Maximum ride number to be 6 (including leaders). This may change as govt guidance dictates.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump, sun cream and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding at least 1m apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
Do not attend this ride if you have returned from (anywhere) abroad in the last 2 weeks.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
Using Stevenage Cycle tracks around Fairlands Valley
Cafe stop at end of ride
Helmet, spare near tube, cash