This is a 1 mile flat and traffic-free circular route, to ride as many times as you like. A great opportunity to get out in the evening during the week - do a few gentle miles, and have a chat with the other riders. If the group is keen, we may add on a loop of the bay trail, and stop for a coffee and cake afterwards.
Before booking your place please read the IMPORTANT section below.
We will meet opposite the Norwegian Church at 6.30pm on Thursday. Please respect social distancing at the start point, there is a large paved area on the opposite side of the road to the Norwegian Church where we can gather. Please keep off the road also as there will be other cyclists/walkers/runners using the area, and take care if coming through the car park as this is usually busy at this time of the evening.
There is free parking here after 6pm if you want to drive down. We'll be doing an anticlockwise loop following a nice wide path around Roath Basin right opposite the Norwegian Church. Social distancing applies to all riders and other users of the path, but we can split into smaller groups and spread around the route to avoid getting too close together at pinch points.
Any issues on the day, pop a message on the Ride Conversation tab below or on the Cardiff Social Cycling Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1984875485078609/
To ensure that our rides are as safe as possible please note the following and take action where appropriate.
(1) Please do not book a place on the ride should you, or anyone in your household, be suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of, or change to, your normal sense of smell or taste (anosmia)
(2) When booking your place on the ride, please ensure that your contact details on LetsRide are up to date. To do this, go to https://letsride.co.uk/dashboard/profile
and sign in to your account. If your details are not up-to-date, scroll to the bottom of the profile page and click "EDIT PROFILE". When you have updated them, scroll to the bottom again and click "UPDATE PROFILE". Your personal details are not visible on your profile - the ride leader gets your phone number and emergency contact details, and these will only be used for emergency purposes, last minute contact about the ride, and 'Test, Trace, Protect' procedures if needed.
(3) If you, or anyone in your household, develop Covid-19 symptoms after booking, please cancel your place on the ride.
(4) Before the ride we will need to confirm that you are not experiencing any Covid19 symptoms.
(5) If you experience symptoms after the ride, you should get a Covid-19 test. If this is positive, you need to contact the ride leader as quickly as possible to enable the 'Test, Trace and Protect' procedure.
(6) You will need to be self-sufficient on the ride i.e. please bring your own tubes, pump, tools, food and drink etc. as sharing raises the risk of spreading Covid-19
(7) We will keep socially distanced on the ride, so please adhere to this, including at the start point.