Welsh Cycling (WC) have agreed protocols with the Welsh Government in order to comply with the latest Covid-19 guidance & legislation. As a ride leader WC have provided me with Covid specific training so this ride complies with the current regulations and we can keep everyone safe. I am responsible for carrying out a Covid Risk Assessment for this ride and to take reasonable measures to minimise exposure to, and the spread of, coronavirus based on that risk assessment
Based on my Risk Assessment and the current regulations here are the Covid procedures we will need to follow on this ride:
-Please make sure you have up-to-date contact information on the LetsRide system. YOU WILL NEED TO REGISTER & BOOK TO JOIN A RIDE BEFORE ARRIVING
Terms of booking a ride include, “When asked by NHS contact tracers, coaches, leaders and club volunteers are permitted to share details of participants where relevant to support the process.”
- Please try and keep social distancing at the start, finish and during the ride and during any stops we make
- Avoid sharing equipment, tools, food, water bottles etc.
- Practice good hand hygiene and bring your own hand sanitiser or sanitising wipes if you normally use them
- Remember your mask in case you need to go inside somewhere they are required, or we need to perform First Aid on you
- Please try and be self-sufficient on the ride. So we can avoid sharing tools or making repairs on your bike, please come with your own repair kit & spares and know how to use them (spare inner tube as minimum).
- If you're not confident with changing inner tubes etc, maybe think about someone who could pick you and your bike up if needed
Please DO NOT come on the ride if you have:
- tested positive for Covid or have Covid symptoms (namely a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- have been asked to Self-isolate
- feel unwell
Please find the latest guidance from WG on contract tracinghttps://gov.wales/contact-tracing-if-you-are-identified-close-contact#section-77145
(NB latest WG guidance is that everyone must continue to isolate for 10 days if they have Covid-19 symptoms or if they have a positive test result)
For further advice on NHS Test, Trace, Protect please use this link:https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/guidance-accordion/test-trace-protect-coronavirus/
My contact email if you need it is [email protected]
British Cycling Letsride booking Ts&Cs .https://www.letsride.co.uk/terms
Lovely ride to Tattenhall via Farndon Coddington stopping at Old Ma’s in tatenhall coming back via Saighton Bruera and Churton.
Quiet lanes and some roads.
We will stop at Old ma’s for refreshments and we can stop anytime for water or photos etc.
Please bring helmets cash or card for the cafe and a snack or a drink.
We never leave anyone behind