We will complete a 6-mile circuit using the Stevenage cycleway system and quiet link roads.
This is an extra special ride in collaboration with the Stevenage Cycling Hub for September 19th when the "Fancy Women Bike Ride" events are taking place in locations across the globe. You are invited to dress up, wear stylish clothing and decorate your bike if you wish. You can find out more at: https://www.suslukadinlarbisikletturu.com/en/
Do arrive in good time for some photos at the start!
Children are welcome but must be accompanied by an adult - they should be booked on as an additional rider. In the words of the global organisers: "Men can join so long as they ride with us, not ahead of us".
Cycling UK’s vision is of a healthier, happier and cleaner world, because more people cycle.
Our regular ABC rides are a sociable way to explore our cycleway network and find useful routes to use when cycling for everyday journeys. There are some hilly sections but we never rush, there is always time to pause for a drink at the top. We explore many of the ancient lanes that have now become cycleways and find the many hidden green spaces across the town.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking the following regulations into account with our ride leading and we will follow all local govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• At arrival at the start location, and when stopping in a group please keep to current social distancing regulations.
• We will ride taking current social distancing advice into account.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
Do not attend this ride if you have been told to self-isolate due to travel or coming in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
A sociable ride around the Stevenage cycleways
Most of the route will be on traffic free cycleways with a few quiet road sections used where necessary.
There are no planned stops but we won't be rushing - there will be plenty of time for photos.
Bring a drink or snack if you wish and an extra layer or waterproof according to the forecast.
New and returning riders are very welcome. This ride will be a great way to find out more about Cycling UK in Stevenage.