Starting point – Keels Square, Sunderland SR1 3DZ (What3Words – sleep.mole.bake)
Free Car Parking after 3pm at Livingstone Road Car Park, St Mary's Boulevard, SR1 3AW (What3Words – splash.entire.opens).
Free Car Parking after 3pm at ST Mary’s Multi Story Car Park, St Mary's Boulevard, SR1 3AH
Starting at Keels Square in Sunderland, we’ll weave along Sunderland’s off-road cycle paths across the city towards Pallion Retail Park and join the old C2C track in South Hylton and head towards Shiney Row. When we reach the Cox Green turning, we’ll head down to the River Wear and cross using the Cox Green Bridge. Here we join the current C2C route and follow this back to Sunderland. When we reach the Wearmouth Bridge we will cross back over the river and back to Keels Square.
On this route we will be cycling over a variety of different terrains including roads, quiet roads, cycle paths, shared paths, muddy tracks, muddy puddles, wet leaves etc. Therefore, this ride is only suitable for Hybrids or Mountain bikes.
It’s now spring cycling weather, PLEASE DRESS APPROPRIATELY it can get cold on an evening.
REMEMBER TO BRING – Bike Lights, warm gloves, wind/raincoat.
There is no coffee/cake café or toilet stops during this ride,
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• Your personal contact details must be correct and up to date on your Lets ride profile.
• There are no open public toilet’s on this route.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 2m apart.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• Helmets are recommended, but not mandatory.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
- Face covering,
- Hand sanitizer,
- Spare inner tube,
- Tyre levers and pump,
- Suitable clothing,
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07958344888 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk.
If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 3pm on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.
We never leave anyone behind