This 6 mile ride is ideal for anyone who hasn't been on a bike for a while, or anyone who wants to explore the beautiful parks of Liverpool. Most of the route is traffic free with a short section on quiet roads. We'll be going at an easy pace with several short stops to enjoy the views.
We have a new start point for the ride - we're all going to meet at the cycle container located at the John Mitchel sports ground on Greenbank Lane, opposite the students halls of residence - L17 1AG.
If you're bringing your own bike then if possible arrive a few minutes before 12pm.
If you want to borrow a bike please arrive at 11.30am so we can sort you out with a bike and a helmet. There is no need to let us know in advance if you need a bike as we have plenty available. If you're coming by car there is some parking on Greenbank Lane or you can use the car park at Sefton Park opposite the end of Greenbank Lane, this is less than 5 mins walk from the container.
We cycle from the container to Sefton Park, past the Palm House and alongside the lake before leaving the park and crossing to Otterspool park via the underpass at Aigburth Vale. Then we'll cycle along the prom, through Festival Gardens and across Riverside Drive at the crossing. We'll cycle past St Michael's station and then on quiet roads back to Sefton Park.
We especially welcome anyone who hasn't ridden a bike for a while & is looking to build their confidence.
WHAT TO BRING
* A drink for the ride
* Clothes suitable for the weather - layers are good so you can adjust as needed
* A helmet
* Make sure your bike is in good working order with the tyres pumped up before arriving on the ride
****** There are a few new procedures we will need to follow on the ride ******
1. Please keep at least 2m apart at the start & finish and during any stops.
2. When we're cycling we're required to be at least 1m apart plus mitigations - being outdoors and being side-to-side (avoiding face-to-face contact).
3. Practice good hand hygiene and bring your own hand sanitiser or sanitising wipes.
4. Avoid sharing equipment, tools, food, water bottles etc.
5. *** Before booking & coming on this ride please carry out a self-assessment for Covid-19 symptoms:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you, or anyone in your household, have any of these symptoms or have had a positive Covid test please do not come on the ride.
6. If you develop any of these symptoms or have a positive Covid test within 14 days of the ride please contact me immediately via the website or at [email protected]
and I will pass all riders details to NHS Test and Trace.