An introduction to Breeze:) Your choice of mileage, at your pace. You can complete a 4 mile circuit and if you are feeling strong, we can go again making it an 8 mile round trip. There is no coffee stop but do bring a drink and a snack, we will stop for breaks as needed.
This is a ride for you if you are new to Breeze Rides or rides on offer look too long. Perhaps you have simply had a long break and not sure what mileage you are capable of doing. Lots of bike chat guaranteed!
10am meet outside The Red Cow Pub, Harpenden. Route is a mix of cycle path, quiet and slightly busier roads. There is a hill too but no worries, you can walk it. You just need to be able to ride a bike and ensure your bike is in good working order. This ride is suitable for all bike types.
Please do check your emails and text messages before leaving, I may have to cancel the ride if it is not safe for us to ride. Fingers crossed :)
The important bits:
Covid Related : We will adhere to British Cycling Guidelines on group size and social distancing. Please carry in your pocket, a mask, hand sanitiser and gloves. Ensure your bike is in good working order and you have an emergency backup/taxi number to call on in case of issues. Please do not attend if you have covid symptoms, of course.
- check your bike the night before (Tyre pressure will go down when your bike has not been used or from use!)
- carry 2 spare inner tubes, tyre levers and correct pump
- Money for coffee/emergencies. Helmet (compulsory on ride-sorry!
- Water and a snack, just in case
- Appropriate bright and warm clothing (Rain/Sun – hopefully the latter)
- Lights (not essential but a plus in winter)
Any questions, please don't hesitate to message me.
Look forward to riding with you.