This counter-clockwise route
has a distinct football theme! The Road to Wembley takes you from the Combined Counties Premier League, where Wembley FC play, to the home of national football at Wembley Stadium. On the way you'll pass through Horsenden Hill, make your way along the Grand Union Canal and pass along Brent Riverside before riding up to the Olympic Way and circumnavigating the home of champions (currently closed off). There's a great photo opportunity (and chance for a breather!) at the Bobby Moore statue outside the ground. This 10 mile ride has a total of 380 feet of climbs.
The starting point is 0.8 mile and a 4 minutes ride from North Wembley station (Overground and Bakerloo lines) using this
route. There should be free car parking at the starting point.
Children are welcome when accompanied by a responsible riding adult.
All participants are expected to bring:
• A bike in good working order with tyres pumped to the correct pressure. Please conduct a pre-ride safety check
on your bike.
• A cycle helmet.
• Carry at least a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers.
• Dress for the expected weather
• Anti-viral precautions per NHS advice
• A drink as there is no refreshment stop.
• Lights if there is any chance of poor visibility.
Ride Leader Contact: Yves – 07305 938171