And we are back…
Join us this Saturday 4th July for an 8 mile loop around Houghton, Hetton and Warden Law.
Starting on The Broadway opposite St Michael's and All Angels church in Houghton le Spring, we cycle past the church over the foot bridge and follow a quiet road along Hall Lane joining the cycle path at Gillas Lane and travel to Hetton Lyons Park.
Travelling through the park we follow the tracks to join Salter Lane and head towards Warden Law. At the warden Law crossroads our route follows the cycle path back towards Houghton.
We will be cycling on shared paths, tracks and quiet roads. The route is idea for anyone who wants to learn where some of the hidden cycle paths/routes are in the coalfields.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• There are no open public toilet’s on this route.
• Maximum ride number to be 6 (including leaders). This may change as govt guidance dictates.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
Spare inner tube,
Tyre levers and pump,
• Helmets are recommended, but not mandatory.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 2m apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the
• You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07958344888 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk. If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 9am on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.
Look forward to seeing you there Sara