Meandering counter-clockwise through the quietways of the East End, the ride first heads towards Shadwell before joining the Thames Path edging the Isle of Dogs. We then take in a loop of Canary Wharf before heading to Blackwall then continue through Poplar before catching the canal path towards the QE Olympic Park where we will have a stop on the 11th mile at the View Tube
. We will then head into Victoria Park, before crossing the Green Bridge (which is yellow underneath!) to arrive back at our start point.
Relatively flat and at a leisurely pace, this ride welcomes all abilities, but please note the 15 mile distance with 450 feet of climbs.
There is a feeder ride
starting at 9.00am at the Stratford Velodrome.
Children are welcome when accompanied by a responsible riding adult.
All participants are expected to bring:
• A bike in good working order with tyres pumped to the correct pressure. (If in doubt, have it checked over by a local bike shop or qualified mechanic).
• A cycle helmet
• Carry at least a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers.
• Dress for the weather
on the day.
• A drink and snack/contactless payment for the stop at the View Tube.
Ride Leader Contact: Yves – 07446 231839
Send a join request to the East End Cycling Club
to keep up to date on our other rides. Ride pics are posted on the Facebook
page.BRITISH CYCLING RULES FOR POST LOCKDOWN RIDES
• Rides will consist of a maximum of 6 riders, including the leader. So please only sign up if you are sure you want to ride.
• Keep a 2 metre distance between yourself and other riders. This includes during any stops.
• Don't share anything - be aware - this means that if you have a puncture, you'll need to be able to fix it yourself, for example.
• Make sure you bring your own tools – spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump. Also bring your own hand sanitiser, tissues and anything else you may need for the ride.
• You may also want to bring a face mask although there is no need to wear one on the ride.
• Don't ride if you feel unwell or have symptoms of Covid-19.
• Don’t ride if you have been told to self-isolate.
• Inform the leader if you develop symptoms or test positive after the ride.
• If you've not managed to sign up for the ride, please do not arrive at the designated meeting point.
• Please make sure your details on your profile are up-to-date, in particular that we have a phone number for you. If you don’t have a mobile, put your home number in the mobile phone box space provided.