BOOM! That’s right – we’re heading to the White Water Centre
, Waltham Abbey.
‘It's in my roots, it's in my veins
It's in my blood and I stain
every heart that I use to heal the pain
So I blame it on the River Lea…’
- this ride is so good that Adele even made a song about it!
Relatively flat and at a leisurely pace, this ride welcomes all abilities, but please note the 24 mile distance.
This off-road ride is mostly on riverside tracks with 60% being on non-tarmac surfaces with embedded gravel and some loose surface grit that may be unsuitable for bikes with skinny road tyres.
There is also a feeder ride starting from Gants Hill
All participants are expected to bring:
• A bike in good working order with tyres pumped to the correct pressure. If in doubt, have it checked over by a local bike shop or qualified mechanic.
• A cycle helmet
• Carry at least a spare inner tube, pump and tyre levers.
• A cycle lock for use on the refreshment stop.
• Anti-viral precautions per NHS advice
• Dress for the expected weather
on the day.
• A drink and snack/cash (we have a coffee stop
Ride Leader Contact: Yves – 07305 938171
Send a join request to the East End Cycling Club
to keep up to date on our other rides. Ride pics are posted on the Facebook