We will cycle from Roath Park through Heath and over to Whitchurch. From there we will use the new cycle path to head towards the castle and down to the Bay. We will go up the Penarth zig zag (more than happy to wait for anyone so please don't be put off by this) then through Penarth and onto the cycle path to Cosmeston. From there we will head down to Sully to see the Sea before heading back through country lanes to Penarth and the Bay. We will head over the barrage for a stop at Coffi Co (weather permitting) before heading back past the castle and up Cathays Terrace before completing the ride at Roath Park.
Covid-19 measures in place for the safety of us all:
* If you, or anyone in your household, or contacts have had any symptoms of Covid-19, ie new persistant cough, or fever or loss of taste or smell, in the last 14 days, or if you feel unwell in any other way, then please do not sign up. I will also need you to confirm to me at the ride start that you and your household are symptom free.
* If you are in the extremely vulnerable category or have been told to self-isolate Welsh Cycling recommends you do not participate in activities
* Please maintain social distancing of a minimum of 2 metres 'head to head' at all times from each other and from members of the public, where it is safe to do so, especially when stopping at junctions, crossings, hazards and when off the cycles. This also includes refreshment stops.
* Please avoid touching others' cycles, or sharing anything, eg food, spares, money (ideally bring a card).
* Bring your own hand gel/wipes, drink and snack and face covering. Also money/card if you wish to buy refreshments, and a plastic bag to sit on! NB come prepared to fix issues on your bike yourself if at all possible, ie pump, spare tube, tyre levers. Guidance will be available at a distance. Cycle helmets are advised.
If you have any questions, please either 'message ride creator' through Lets Ride, or post it on the ride conversation tab
**Covid-19 aware ride, important additional measures are in place, so please read the full ride description for more details. Please be ready 10 minutes before the start time for a safety briefing and a prompt start. ** Before booking your place, please also check that your Let's Ride profile contains your full contact details, especially emergency contact number, so that we can follow the guidelines in the Welsh Government ‘Trace, Test and Protect’ programme should anyone who is on the ride subsequently become aware of Covid19 symptoms.
We will be riding through Cardiff over to Sully and back through Cardiff Bay
We will be riding on some cycle paths and country lanes but there are some sections on city roads so you do need to be able to ride on roads with traffic.
We will stop at Coffi Co in the bay about 3/4 into the ride, weather permitting
All riders should wear helmets and please bring lock for cafe. Please be aware that ordering at Coffi Co is done via an app so may be easier to download in advance if you dont have it.