From the Chester Moor public house to Durham via Frankland Lane, cycling along the river bank to Shincliffe and then back to Chester le Street via some of Durham's new cycle paths.
Our annual fancy dress Christmas ride, dress yourself and/or your bike up in something festive and spread some Christmas joy on the cycle paths and quieter roads around County Durham. We will aim to stop in Shincliffe for a takeaway coffee. We are celebrating lockdown easing so feel free to go wild with the bicycle decorations. We need festive cheer, this year more than ever!
As usual Covid restrictions will remain in place - please bring along your own puncture repair kit and an inner tube that fits your bike. We will aim to supervise any repairs and the ride leaders will carry sanitiser and wipes to minimise any risk.
This is a circular route with a coffee stop enroute. County Durham isn't flat so there will be a few lumpy bits, but nothing too horrendous - c.775 feet of elevation.
On this route we will be cycling over a variety of different terrains including quieter roads, cycle paths, shared paths, muddy tracks, muddy puddles, wet leaves etc. Therefore, this ride is only suitable for Hybrids and Mountain bikes.
Please dress appropriately for the weather, eg warm gloves, wind/raincoat, warm socks and add lights to your bike just in case of gloomy weather conditions.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Participants must be booked onto the ride via www.letsride.co.uk
. If you are not booked on then unfortunately you cannot join the ride.
• Your personal contact details must be correct and up to date on your Lets ride profile.
• Maximum ride number to be 6 (including leaders). This may change as govt guidance dictates.
• There are no open public toilet’s on this route.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 1m+ apart.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• Helmets are recommended, but not mandatory.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items e.g.
- Face covering,
- Hand sanitiser,
- Spare inner tube,
- Tyre levers and pump,
- Suitable clothing,
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text/call Sara on 07958344888 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk.
If the weather is bad we will only contact you if we are cancelling the ride and will do so no later than 9am on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding.