A Scoot along to Spennymoor
Mon 28th December 2020 10am 11 miles 2+ hours
Start at Low Burnhall car park, South Rd, Durham DH1 3TX
Bring own flask and snack
Not many days left in 2020 and another lockdown may well be looming so join us for a Scoot along to Spennymoor. Avoiding muddy off road routes we’ll head to Sunderland Bridge, take the back road to Hett and along to the Coach and Horses (A167) before heading into Spennymoor for a stop off to see the Settlement and a stop in Jubilee Park for own refreshments. We’ll navigate our way back via Tudhoe and Sunderland Bridge.
The ride is suitable for those who are used to riding at least 10 miles and suitable for any bike although a road bike may be too fast for a sociable ride.
There’s a couple of lumps to tackle, climbing up away from the River Wear near the start and end but otherwise this is only a little bit hilly by Durham standards.
As always we can’t predict the weather so please dress suitably. You will need gloves and a buff/snood to keep your neck warm. Plenty of layers are recommended for these winter months and an extra layer for when we stop at the park.
In order for the ride to leave promptly, please be punctual so we can carry out bike checks, etc. prior to us setting off. Please make sure your bike is in working condition and bring a spare tube to fit your tyres. Expect to be out for about 2-3 hours.
For any queries please contact [email protected]
. For any last minute cancellations on the day please text 07708327943 (note this phone is only for the day of the ride) otherwise use the option to cancel when you log in to letsride.co.uk as you will be making a place available for someone else. If the weather is poor, depending on conditions, we will either go for a walk around Low Burnhall or cancel the ride but we will let you know no later than 8am on the day by putting a message in the ‘conversation’ tab in the ride. You should receive a notification by email if there is a message. If you have not heard from us we are still riding. No need to message us before 8am on the day asking us if we’ll be going ahead as we won’t have made a judgement before then.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking this into account with our ride leading and we will follow govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• Maximum ride number to be 6 (including leaders). This may change as govt guidance dictates.
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump, sun cream and hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding 1m+ apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already.
Look forward to seeing you.
Audrey and Jacki