We will complete a 6-mile circuit using the Stevenage cycleway system and quiet link roads. These rides are a sociable way to explore our cycleway network and find useful routes to use when cycling for everyday journeys. There are some hilly sections but we never rush, there is always time to pause for a drink at the top. We explore many of the ancient lanes that have now become cycleways and find the many hidden green spaces across the town.
In view of COVID-19 we will be taking the following regulations into account with our ride leading and we will follow all local govt. guidelines. Please note the following:
• We will not share any equipment so please be organised and bring your own items eg drink, spare inner tube, tyre levers and pump, sun cream and importantly hand sanitiser.
• You should pay particular attention to your bike being in good working order before attending a ride so as to minimise risks and disruption to rides.
• At arrival at the start location, and when stopping in a group please keep to social distancing regulations of 2m.
• We will ride taking social distancing into account. At the time of writing British Cycling recommend riding at least 1m apart.
• Participants must not attend a ride if they have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with symptoms
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms during a ride must inform a leader.
• Anyone who develops COVID-19 symptoms after a ride must contact the leader who will inform British Cycling HQ who will then contact everyone who attended the ride.
Do not attend this ride if you have been told to self-isolate due to travel or coming in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
You can contact the leader directly via the ‘Message Ride Creator’ tab in the ride posting on let’s ride unless you have their direct contact details already
A 6 mile sociable ride for women
We will use the Stevenage cycleway system for the majority of the route.
There is no planned stop but we don't rush.
Bring a drink and snack if you wish along with an extra layer or waterproof according to the forecast.
New and returning cyclists are particularly welcome.